In case of emergency

Information Form

Download and fill in the information form as precisely as possible.

Supportive statements

e.g. RAS, BSA, DUO, insurances

You should always first contact the academic counselor at your faculty should you experience a study delay due to unforeseen circumstances such as: illness, disabilities (such as dyslexia), unforeseen familial complications and/or psychological problems.  He/She will inform and advise you on (financial) support available, as well as help you in the application process for RAS, BSA, DUO, etc.

In many instances a request for support must be accompanied by an expert statement from a psychologist or a medical expert. Should you require an expert statement from a university-contracted doctor, you should contact Student Health Care (SGZ) via +31(0)15-2121507 or Should you require a supporting statement from a psychologist: please follow the 7-step procedure described below.
only fully completed requests will be accepted.

  1. Download and fill in the information form as precisely as possible.
  2. Write a detailed 'personal statement' of what happened during the period in which you started to fall behind in your studies.
  3. Should you have received treatment from a support professional outside TU Delft, we need information regarding the treatment. You are required to ask the professional that treated you to answer the questions in this letter.
  4. Email the fully completed information form) together with your 'personal statement' , any additional treatment information and/or other relevant information (for instance in case of decease a copy of the death certificate) to Please indicate in the subject box what support procedure the statement is required for.
  5. On receiving all relevant information you will be invited to meet one of the psychologists as soon as possible.
  6. Should the psychologist see grounds for a supportive statement, it will usually be given to you right after the appointment.
  7. Report to the academic counsellor again and bring the 'personal statement'  (you may omit personal issues that you reported to the psychologist) + the supporting statement. The academic counsellor will then write the final statement to be assessed as part of the decision-making process on your support application.

NB. In case your RAS application threatens to overrun the application deadline, for example because you need to wait for an expert statement, you should hand in the application form, completed as fully as possible, to the CSA and ask for a copy with a date stamp. If you fail to do this, there is a chance that your RAS payment may be reduced.



© 2018 TU Delft