Health and liability insurance

In principle everyone who lives in the Netherlands must have health insurance. There are differences in the way these rules apply depending on the person’s country of origin (EU or non-EU).

From EU-countries

If your health insurance in your home country in the EU also covers you abroad, you can apply for a European Health Insurance Card with your insurance company before your trip to the Netherlands.

From non-EU countries

All students from non-EU countries are obliged to take out a Dutch student health insurance.

Working while studying or doing an internship

You should also be aware of the fact that when working you are no longer entitled to a student health insurance or your EU Health Insurance Card. Instead you should take an employees health insurance.

If you start working for TU Delft, please read our TU website on Health insurances.

More about health and liability insurance…


© 2017 TU Delft